We know that everyone is on edge and everyone is concerned, I am too. We have been practicing social distancing for a long time but I thought it was just because I like dogs better than most people! Because of the crazy business with this virus, we have decided to modify our pick-up procedure.
Pick-up day and time is Saturday at 1:00 pm EST. You can book your flight as soon as your puppy is born to get the best rate on flights to Indianapolis International (IND). We set the pick-up date at the time of birth. You should expect to be here on a Saturday at 1:00 pm EST (There are rare cases when the time may be set for 11:00 am EST). Please mark your calendar early in the puppy process so that you do not miss this important date. The go-home date and time is not flexible! Please do not inquire to pick up early or on a different date, make arrangements for this important day so that you can be here!
- If the weather is nice we will invite you to stay and interact with our adult dogs outside while social distancing from other families. You are welcome to stay 5 minutes or 50 minutes! It can be a lot of fun to watch the puppies and our big dogs run and play.
- The weather in Indiana isn't always predictable. We will have sunny 60 degree days and then we have snow.. so I can't count on the weather. If the weather is poor I will meet you at your car with your puppy.
- Please listen to the Puppy 101 Session found at the bottom of this page when puppies are six weeks old and again the day before pick up. The Puppy 101 Session covers all of the important information you need to know about your new puppy. Be sure that you have asked all of your questions prior to pick up. Pick up day can be very hectic especially if 10 families have questions that must be answered. Your family will have access to this video session any time you need a refresher!
- There will be no handshakes or hugs, just lots of safe social distancing and cute puppies for everyone.
- If you have not ordered food please do so at least 10 days prior to puppy pick-up! I do not have extra food at my house to give you or sell to you. I am unable to allow my puppies to go home with you if you are not prepared with their food prior to pick up day! We feed the puppies the Pawtree Turkey & Sweet Potato Food, there is a link on the shopping list. I am always puzzled when a family sits in my family room with 10 other families and asks what the puppies have been eating…
- Final payment is due at week six, if you are paying at pick up because your reservation was late in the process please bring cash, we do not accept checks, money orders or transfers after week six. Full payment must be received before puppies leave our home.
- I am located at 10549 N 550 W, Frankton, IN 46044. It is always easier to be early and go sightseeing rather than be late and miss the puppy pick up session or cause it to run behind for others. If you forget to program my address into your GPS and you google me you will end up at the wrong location. Be prepared- set the GPS and pack the car the night before.
- If you are traveling a long distance you should pack your car with a water dish, bottled water, a towel or two, wet wipes/Clorox wipes, poop/waste bags, and a leash. If someone is traveling with you your puppy will prefer to ride on someone’s lap. If you are traveling alone be sure to bring a crate lined with a towel(s).
- WARNING- for those who suffer from allergies please take medication before arriving. We have two indoor cats that play with our puppies, I am allergic to cats but neither bother my allergies.
- Chicago or Wisconsin
- Please remember that we are an hour ahead of you!
- Plan for traffic on holidays!
- Leave earlier than needed so that you aren’t late.
- When returning home with your puppy you can stop at Fair Oaks to let your puppy potty, refuel your vehicle, grab a bite to eat, and stretch your legs. This and Merrillville are the only stops I ever make.
- St Louis
Traveling By Plane
- For families who are traveling by plane please note, I am only 55 miles from the airport but it takes 75 minutes to get here!
- You will need an hour to get back to the airport.
- Indianapolis International recommends checking in with your puppy 90 minutes prior to flight departure on non-holidays (you will need more time during the holiday season)
- Please allow yourself enough time between your arriving and departing flights!
- You can rent a car call John and his crew have been chauffering my families to and from the airport. You can contact him to schedule a pickup and return at 317-480-3361. He can fit multiple passengers in his Lincoln Navigator! We have Uber in Indy but not a return Uber service from my location.
- You will need an airline-approved soft carrier. I recommend packing a few disposable potty pads, a collapsable dish, leash, toy, and something yummy to chew on for the puppy. If you would like I can have a carrier packed and ready for you for an additional fee of $200.00.
- Please note many airlines have age restrictions for puppies flying in cabin! United now requires puppies to be 15 weeks of age to fly in cabin. Delta requires puppies to be 10 weeks of age but does not check. Alaska, Southwest, American, and Frontier all allow 8-week old puppies to fly in cabin.
Spending The Night
- I recommend staying in Noblesville, IN
- The area is known as Hamilton Town Center
- We are nestled in a great area for shopping and dining.
- Check out Bring Fido for hotels nearby that allow pets
- Cambria, Embassy Suites by Hilton, and Holiday Inn Express are all conveniently located near shopping and amazing food.
- Our favorite places to go with your puppy
- Cafe Patachou at Clay Terrace or Broad Ripple http://cafepatachou.com
- Three Dog Bakery in Noblesville or downtown Indianapolis… everything at the downtown location is awesome for You and your dog!
The video below is an example of your binder, the personal documents are not customized to your puppy. You will receive your binder at pick up and it will have your puppy's documents (warranty, pedigree, physical, vaccine record, spay/neuter certificate, fecal).
Please email me with questions after you listen to the Puppy 101 Session all about Your New Puppy. I will post questions and answers below.