Bringing a new Labradoodle home? Give him a proper welcome by having these essentials on hand.
Printable Shopping List
- Collar Find a collar with a buckle or snap closure. For a proper fit, measure your Labradoodle’s neck and add 2 inches. Check the fit by placing two fingers between the collar and your dog’s neck; if there is extra room, the collar is too big; if there is not enough room for two fingers, the collar is too small. We send our puppies home with a custom collar.
- Tags Attach an IF tab with your dog’s name, your address and phone number, and your vet’s address and phone number.
- Leash Look for a 6-foot leash that is 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch wide.
- Food and water bowls Choose bowls that will not tip over and are easy to clean. Stainless steel or ceramic are the best. Use separate bowls for food and water, and wash bowls weekly.
- Dog food We recommend raw however; you can CLICK HERE to find a food that is available in your area and good for your Labradoodle too.
- Grooming gear You will need a brush and “poodle” comb, dog shampoo, nail clippers, and dental care supplies.You will also find a mat-breaker very useful.
- Toys Carefully choose toys specifically designed for dogs. Toys should not splinter or be able to torn apart or swallowed. If your Labradoodle can enclose the toy in her mouth, the toy is too small.
- Crate and bed Dogs need their own place to sleep. A crate provides a warm, comforting den for your Labradoodle when you cannot watch her or you are away from home. Be sure your dog is able to stand up, turn around, and lie down inside the crate and that there is proper ventilation.
Enjoy your new companion and provide the basics with these fun and functional dog supply. Below are some websites that will make shopping for your Labradoodle fun and easy.